I am a freelance photographer and visual artist currently based in London, UK. I use this blog as a place to show work-in-progress, images from recent commissions, exhibition details, and other random bits and bobs.

Please visit www.kateelliott.co.uk for more examples of my work, and www.kateelliottphotography.co.uk for my commercial photography website. I am also one half of artist collaboration KEEM.




Thursday 3 March 2011

The Outing

The Outing from the project Time stands still when I think of you

After scanning the original a5-sized photograph (dated circa 1905), I first showed The Outing at Gingerline, a pop-up restaurant and art space, in September 2010. It was displayed as a 3m x 2m digital projection. Visible through the windows of a Victorian shop front in Crystal Palace, the shadows and movement of the people and traffic outside produced a rippling effect on the glassy surface of the water in the photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment