I am a freelance photographer and visual artist currently based in London, UK. I use this blog as a place to show work-in-progress, images from recent commissions, exhibition details, and other random bits and bobs.

Please visit www.kateelliott.co.uk for more examples of my work, and www.kateelliottphotography.co.uk for my commercial photography website. I am also one half of artist collaboration KEEM.




Sunday 8 May 2011

Old New Borrowed Blue











I took these photographs last month at two different care homes across East London, where the charity Magic Me run monthly cocktail nights for the residents.

The focus of these two particular evenings was to introduce the residents to the
project Old New Borrowed Blue - a public gallery of wedding photographs through the ages - in collaboration with The Photographers' Gallery and Magic Me.

Residents were encouraged to bring along photographs from their wedding days, which they could then talk about with a group of volunteers. We gathered stories and anecdotes, I scanned the photos, and then became the start of the public gallery...

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeeeei. reminds me of export - import. take me with ya next time!

    ReplyDelete