I am a freelance photographer and visual artist currently based in London, UK. I use this blog as a place to show work-in-progress, images from recent commissions, exhibition details, and other random bits and bobs.

Please visit www.kateelliott.co.uk for more examples of my work, and www.kateelliottphotography.co.uk for my commercial photography website. I am also one half of artist collaboration KEEM.




Saturday 13 August 2011

The Girl and The Boy

At 6am on 12th August two series of images, The Girl and The Boy, were posted onto two disused Hackney notice boards about half a mile apart from one another. They show two narratives, separate from one another yet intertwined. Children at play, absorbed in their own world of dreams and fantasy.

The Girl from the project Time stands still when I think of you
The Girl at Hackney Downs Junction


The Boy from the project Time stands still when I think of you

The Boy on Cecilia Road, Dalston

On the afternoon of 12th August these two narratives came together in the seaside town of Margate, to form The Siblings. Displayed as three diptychs the relationship between the girl and the boy changes, familial connections forming, and the act of child play overlapping.

Installation photos to follow.

1 comment: